Transfer Orientation at Richmond Campus
Please remember you must be admitted to Eastern Kentucky University before you can participate in Orientation. (see ADMISSIONS). Once officially admitted to EKU, an Orientation invitation will be sent to you. If you are a transfer student, all materials from previous institutions should be submitted for review prior to your Orientation day. Please Note: If you are over 21 years of age or will be transferring in 24 or more hours, you are NOT required to attend Orientation, but you may do so if you choose.
Arrival time is 8:30 am and the day will conclude at approximately 4:30 pm.
If you plan to attend one of the regional campuses, please contact that campus for their advising and registration days and times.
- Corbin (606) 528-0551
- Danville (859) 236-6866
- Manchester (606) 598-8122
Reserving Your Place in Orientation
· Once you have received your invitation from EKU to attend Orientation and have registered, we will send you a postcard and an email notifying you of your confirmed registration date.
· If you must cancel the date of your Orientation because of an emergency, please call or email the Orientation Office to cancel. Please also feel free to call or emailthe office with any questions about registering for Orientation.
EKU Orientation office - (859) 622-2106
$75 per student
- Login to EKU Direct.
- Select Make a Payment.
- Select E-deposits, then select Orientation Prepayment.
- Choose Spring 2017 and continue checking out.
· Transfer Scholarships
Transfer scholarships are awarded automatically to those students meeting the hours earned, cumulative GPA and associated deadlines at time of admissions.
· Foundation Scholarships
The Eastern Kentucky University Foundation, through the generosity of its donors, offers a variety of scholarship opportunities to deserving students. EKU Foundation scholarships are awarded through the University Scholarship Office and at college and department levels. New and renewable awards of EKU Foundation scholarships are subject to available funds each year.
You may also check the EKU webpages of the college or department which interests you for additional scholarship information. Some college specific and department level Foundation scholarships may have other application and/or additional procedures.
Many EKU Foundation scholarships are based on academic credentials such as major, grade point average, grade classification or ACT scores, or other criteria such as high school, county or state. Some scholarships are need-based and require data from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may access the FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.